1/4 teaspoon Fairy Dust Fragrance Oil
Estimated Time: 2 Hours
Yields: 44 oz or 8-1 inch bars
This glitter soap is perfect for a New Year's celebration, wedding or anytime you need something for a special occasion.
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium
Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Laurate, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Mica (and) Titanium Dioxide (and) Iron Oxides, Polyethylene Terephthalate Copolymer
• 32 Ounce(s) Basic Clear MP Soap Base
• 32 Ounce(s) Basic White MP Soap Base
• 2 Tablespoon(s) Super Sparkle Iridescent Glitter
• 1 Tablespoon(s) Sparkle Gold Mica Powder
• 2 Ounce(s) Fairy Dust Fragrance Oil 269
• 1 Piece(s) Regular Silicone Loaf Mold
• 2 Ounce(s) Vanilla Color Stabilier-MP Soap Equipment
• Cheese Grater
• Cookie Sheet
• Glass Measuring Cup - Small & Large
• Measuring Spoons
• Microwave or Double Boiler
• Mixing Spoons
• Plastic Dropper - 1
• Plastic Spray Bottle with Alcohol
• Soap Cutter Directions
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place loaf mold on cookie sheet. This will give stability to mold so it can be moved easily.
- Weigh 6 oz. of clear soap base. Cut into chunks and place in glass measuring cup.
- Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds. Take out and stir soap. If any chunks remain, place in microwave for 10 second intervals until melted.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of gold mica powder to soap and stir well. Pour soap into bottom of loaf mold.
- Let soap completely set up. This will be made into gold curls for the middle and top of loaf.
- Remove soap from mold. Using the "slices" side of a cheese grater, grate the soap into curls. Continue until all 6 oz. of soap is grated.
- In small glass container, mix 2 Tablespoons (30ml) of fragrance oil with 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Set aside.
- Weigh 6 oz. of clear soap base and cut into chunks. Place in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted. Remove and stir to be sure all soap has melted.
- Add 5 ml or 1 teaspoon of fragrance oil mixture to soap and gently stir.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of glitter. Mix well. Pour into loaf mold and let set up.
- Weigh 2 oz. of clear soap and melt in microwave. Add 1/4 teaspoon of gold mica powder. Stir well.
- Spritz the top of the clear glitter soap in loaf mold generously with alcohol. This will help the soap layers stick together after unmoulding.
- Pour the gold soap over the first layer. Spritz top with alcohol to release any surface air bubbles.
- Weigh 25 oz. of white soap base. Cut into chunks and place in large glass measuring cup.
- Place in microwave and heat until soap is completely melted. Remove and stir to be sure all soap has melted.
- Add 22 ml of fragrance and gently stir.
- Spritz the top of soap in mold with alcohol. When soap temperature has reached 125° or below, pour white soap over thin gold layer.
- Sprinkle in gold soap curls that were made at beginning of recipe. Fill soap with as many curls as will fit, gently pushing down with a spoon. (Leave some gold curls for top of soap). When finished, spritz top of soap with alcohol. Let soap set up.
- Once soap has completely hardened, weigh and cut up 6 oz. of clear soap base. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 5 ml or 1 teaspoon of fragrance oil along with 1 Tablespoon of super sparkle glitter.
- Spritz top of soap with alcohol. Pour clear glitter soap over top. Sprinkle remaining gold curls over soap.
- If any soap remains from top layer of clear/glitter, remelt and drizzle this over the gold curls. This will set them in place and add a little more glitter to top of soap.
- Once soap has completely hardened, gently remove soap from mold. Using mitre box, if available, slice soap into 1 inch slices. Otherwise, cut soap into slices with soap cutter or very dull knife.
- Wrap soap and label accordingly.