Saturday, December 15, 2012
~Bug and Rodent Dererrents~
Spray vinegar on ant trails and around the areas they are getting into your House. Place sprigs of penny royal, tansy, or rue in the cupboards and Shelves.
Fleas hate laurel leaves, rue, and winter savory. Crush and place under
Rugs, sofa cushions, doormats, etc.. Add a tsp. Of vinegar to your pets Drinking water, they won't land on your pet or drink from their dish.
Hang sprigs of lavender, mint, penny royal, peppermint, or rue. Make
Potpourris out of lavender. Grow any one of these herbs in and / or outside your house.
Make sachets out of lavender, lemon, thyme, mint, rosemary, tansy, or
Wormwood. Place in linen closets and drawers and in closets.
Place bay leaves on shelves and in cupboards. Put a whole leaf in with your flour, rice and dried beans.
Place sprigs of tansy or mint on your shelves, cupboards and anywhere mice have been seen to deter them.
All Natural Homemade Fly Strips
1. Combine equal parts honey, sugar and water in a saucepan.
2. Boil the mixture, stirring occasionally, until thick.
3. Remove from heat and let cool
4. Cut strips of brown packing tape, punch a hole on one end and loop a piece of string through the hole.
5. Dip the strips in the thick honey mixture and hang outside to dry, about 30 minutes.
6. Hang the strip in the area of worst infestation, and replace often.