This salve is packed full of antiseptic, antimicrobial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and skin regenerative properties that treat a broad-spectrum of ailments including…
- Diaper Rash
- Cuts & Scrapes
- Minor Burns
- Bug Bites & Stings
- Topical Thrush
- Chapped Lips
- Cold Sores
- Dry Skin
- Athletes Foot
- Cracked Heals
- Muscle Aches & Menstrual Cramps
- 2 Cups Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Dried Lemon Balm & Calendula (Just throw in a couple handfuls of each until you get 3/4 cup- try to use equal parts of each.)
- 1/2 Cup Beeswax
- 3 TBSP. Coconut Oil
- 2 TBSP. Shea Butter
- 5 Drops Tea Tree Oil
- 5 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Add dried herbs, olive and coconut oil into crock pot and heat on low for 3-4 hours.
- Strain oil through cheesecloth and return to (clean) crock pot on low heat.
- Microwave beeswax and shea butter in 1 minute increments until fully melted.
- Immediately add melted beeswax and shea butter into crock pot & mix well with wooden spoon. If the wax starts to harden up turn the crock pot up to the high heat setting and stir until completely liquified.
- Add in tea tree and lavender essential oils and mix well.
- Pour mixture into small containers with lids and keep lids off until salve becomes solid
- Solar Infusion: In a glass jar, cover the herbs with olive oil. Stir to combine, and allow oil and herb mixture to steep in sun for 3-6 weeks.
- Simple Salve: Use 2 cups olive oil, 3/4 cup herb or combination of any herbs of your choice & 1/2 cup beeswax- that’s all you need to make a salve! (You can also add one or more essential oils if you’d like)
- Experiment using different oils- Sunflower Oil, Avocado Oil, Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil etc.
- Use different essential oils to meet your individual needs:
Use Bergamot Essential oil for colds, bronchitis systems, i.e. chest rub.
Use Caraway Essential oil for antiseptic quality.
Use Cardamon Essential oil for aphrodisiac quality. Use Clary Sage Essential oil for anti-ainflammatory, aphrodisiac and scalp problems
Use Cedar Essential oil for relieving Chronic anxiety and stress.
Use Citronella Essential oil for making a insect repellent salve.
Use Eucalyptus Essential oil for chest rub, relieves congestion, eases breathing.
Use Frankincense Essential oil for asthma and other respiratory problems.
Use Gardenia Essential oil for chest rub, said to relieve flu conditions, fever, hypertension and palpitations.
Use Juniper Essential oil for emotionally cleansing effect. Calms the nerves.
Use Orange Essential oil for a lighter body lotion, said to relax, relieve sexual apprehension, and is antiseptic and antibactericidal.
Use Patchouli Essential oil for antiseptic, aphrodisiac qualities.
Use Rosemary Essential oil for relieving tired muscles.
Use Tea Tree Essential oil for Antiseptic, antifungal, antiviral qualities.