This is especially soothing during the hot summer months.
Makes a wonderful night cream as well as for hands and body.
The perfect addition to any spa gift basket
1 tablespoon powdered Irish moss (seaweed)
1 cup distilled water
1/4 cup aloe vera gel
2 tablespoons almond oil
Mix well; store in tightly covered jar in refrigerator. This is
especially soothing during the hot summer months
Lavender peppermint Lotion
Great for cold and flu season, eczema, shingles, scabies, and sunburn while helping with circulation and the immune system. This great for eczema even on your face.
- 3/4 c cocoa butter
- 1/8 c vtiamin e
- 1 tsp lecithin
- 1 c distilled water, aloe vera juice or rosewater
- 1 Tbsp beeswax
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 tsp vitamin a and d oitment
- optional: add 2 drops each of red and blue food
coloring to make it a pale purple color
2. once incorperated pour into large jar. wait 24 hours. check to see if too thick and add more water if needed.
3. NOTES: Lecithin typically combines best with the oil in an emulsion, but is highly effective in both water- and oil-based emulsions. Lecithin has natural humectant properties, drawing moisture from the air and depositing it on the skin, as well as the ability to help ingredients penetrate better. This makes it an ideal emulsifier for anti-aging products for drier, more mature skin.
4. NOTES: Lavender is used for aching muscles, acne, bugs & bacteria, burns, cuts & wounds, earache, eczema, fatigue, fevers, giddy spells, pulpitations, headache, insomnia, long haul travel, menstrual cramps, moths & mosquitoes, sandflies, scabies, shingles, sinusitis, stress & anxiety and sunburn.
5. NOTES: Peppermint is Antibacterial/Antifungal.The soothing and cooling nature of menthol makes peppermint oil a good candidate for controlling pain and itchiness from rashes and other skin conditions. peppermint oil can make the immune system stronger and healthier. It also Improves Circulation opens blood vessels as it relaxes smooth muscle. This supposedly makes it easier for blood to flow more efficiently.