Monday, October 15, 2012

Scrape and cut Oitment

At one point, while living in the mountains, I dated a guy who was a roofer. Up there in the dry wind, handling rough materials all day, his hands would become so dry and rough they would actually crack and bleed. I made this ointment and it worked so well that soon his boss and roofer buddies were using it too. It’s antiseptic, anesthetic, and speeds healing.

Ingredients:
In a jar, combine 1 part Comfrey leaves, 1 part Calendula petals and half part powdered Golden Seal with Vaseline and a little baby oil.

Directions:
(If I were doing this now, I would add lanoline instead of the baby oil, but I’m giving you the recipe exactly as I recorded it then) Lightly put the cap on the jar and put the jar in a crock pot with about 3 inches of water. Put the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 2 days. (add water as needed to keep the level constant) Strain and use. I would use a regular strainer to get out the big stuff at first, then coffee filters to remove the finer particl

No comments:

Post a Comment